Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Majestic Autumn Freebie

I spent the first 40 years of my life in Texas where we really don't have seasons, unless hot and hotter are considered seasons. So one of my favorite things about living in Minnesota is the amazing colors of autumn. We get to see beautiful sights like this...

This gorgeous place is Minnehaha Falls and one of my very favorite places in Minneapolis, especially during the changing of the leaves. I also love to go there in the winter. The falls freeze over and create the most amazing ice formations. Yes... rushing water does freeze when it is ten below zero. BRRRRRR!!! If you are ever in the Minneapolis area I strongly recommend a trip to the Minnehaha Falls, no matter what time of year.

So I was so excited when I saw the gorgeous colors for this months DSO Color Challenge hosted by Jen C Designs. Perfect for an autumn themed kit! Since I absolutely love autumn/fall I have loads of decorations around the house... gourds, nuts, leaves, and my cute little scarecrows. By the time I photographed and extracted everything... this kit was huge. There is no way I could put it all in the preview, so there are lots of surprises in there for you. Loads of goodies for scrapping those gorgeous fall photographs.

Hope you enjoy "Majestic Autumn".



42 comments:

  1. Thanks for the gorgeous freebie - and I just love that photo of the falls!!

    How strange, but here in Australia in a place called Katoomba there is a Minnehaha Falls and it looks very very much like that one - only not as much water. I wonder if it was names after the falls there in USA?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How interesting! As for the falls here, this area is rich in Indian heritage and in the Dakota language Minnehaha means waterfall. Minnehaha is also the name of the woman in Henry Wadsworth Longfellow's poem, The Song of Hiawatha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful kit - TYSVM!
    MichelleM-WA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous kit, autumn is my favorite time of the year too. Here is the Chicago area, we don't get quite as cold as you; however, I'll take cold and snow. I could never live south and not see the changing seasons. Wished we had waterfalls like that as they are also beautiful. Love going by small lakes in fall as I like the autumn colors there the best. Thanks so much for sharing this ki.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love autumns colors too. We don't have waterfalls in Denmark - it looks very beautiful. Thank you so much for the lovely kit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty - love the butterflies, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's Gorgeous!! Thank you so much for sharing.:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you! it's so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely kit! Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Fall/Thanksgiving Theme post on Nov. 18, 2010. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. BEAUTIFUL kit! Thank you thank you THANK YOU! Your work is unbelievably gorgeous! I really appreciate finding full-size kits since I'm still unable to design kits of my own. Hopefully I'll learn someday but in the mean time I really appreciate your hard work! Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How Lovely! Thank you for sharing with us!~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for this new freebie kit....the photo of the falls is great...I just love the autumn colours too !!

    ReplyDelete
  14. amazing kit, thank you

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, that's awesome, Sky. Wonderful kit! Many thanks.
    I grew up in an area in NZ that had definite seasonal changes which were totally beautiful. Being up north of that now, it's similar but not nearly as stunning.
    Our daughter now lives in Arizona but was in Austin MN, for a while and boy, is it cold in winter!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful kit!!! Thank you so much for sharing!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely precious! thank you for sharing your time and talent!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful, love it...tysvm for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is BEAUTIFUL!! Thank you so much for sharing it!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for this fabulous kit

    ReplyDelete
  21. love this! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you for sharing this lovely kit !

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful colours make a fantastic kit, thank you

    ReplyDelete
  24. This kit is totally gorgeous! Thankyou so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks bunches hun

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you very much

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful clors and beautiful kit. Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you so much, love this kit. Grtz from The Netherlands.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you for being so generous

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous Kit!
    Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you for this beautiful kit the colours are lovely

    ReplyDelete
  32. Very Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thank you for sharing this beautiful kit.xxx

    ReplyDelete